Are you eligible?
Program Eligibility Criteria
- Be a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or have an employment authorization card; Work visa sponsorship not available
- Live in the metropolitan Atlanta area
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start of the apprenticeship
- Have a minimum of high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Read, write, and speak fluent English
- Have your own personal vehicle
- Have a laptop with wi-fi capability
- Have a negative COVID test result prior to the start of the program and agree to test upon request for the duration of the program
- Adhere to all COVID protocols
- Be available for an on camera Zoom interview with a 24 hour notice
- Be willing to make up to six-month commitment to complete the program and be available to work on an on-call freelance basis, 12-14+ hours per day in film and television production after completion of the training phase of the program
- NOT have more than two years of paid media, radio, print, production, post production or theater experience; or have supervised production assistants (paid or unpaid)
- Be highly motivated to learn new technical and professional skills
- Must not be late or absent more than three days of apprenticeship training; two absences are allowed from the program; two tardies are the equivalent of one day absence. Any apprentice who has more than two absences may be removed from the program.
- Be able to stand, walk and use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and occasionally is required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to consistently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift or move up to 110 lbs with the help of another employee. Specific vision abilities required for this program include distance, close and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Be able to work indoors and outdoors for extended periods of time in extreme heat and cold; Must be comfortable with high noise levels that may require the proper use and wearing of hearing protection as provided by production company
- Understand that participation in the Amazing Stories Foundation Film & TV Apprenticeship Program is solely at the discretion of the Amazing Stories Foundation. We reserve the right to remove any participant from the program at any time without cause.
Are you eligible and ready to apply?
The Season 5 application period is April 6 - April 19, 2023 at 11:59pm.